What Is Required
Please return the following:
- Completed application
- A non-refundable $35.00 application fee per adult (18 or older)
- A copy of an ID for all adults applying
- Income verification (paycheck stub, etc.)
Please read below for our specific screening criteria. We process our applications on a first-come, first-served basis. You must at least have your application submitted with the application fee in order to be considered. All application fees are non-refundable.
There is a $100 Lease Administration Fee charged to tenants on all new leases.
As a condition of our lease, we require all residents to carry liability insurance ($100,000) for damage to the landlord’s property during the term of their lease. You must provide proof of insurance or be auto-enrolled in our coverage.
Processing the Application
The processing of your application will result in 4 possible outcomes:
- Acceptance of application
- Conditional approval with a requirement of an additional deposit of up to one month's rent
- Conditional approval with a qualified cosigner
- Denial of Application
If there is any documentation we need after your application has been submitted, we will contact you via the email address provided on the application to inform you of what is needed to complete the application screening process. Applications take 24 to 48 hours to process baring we receive all applicable information from the applicant.
After submission of the application and application fee, additional required documents must be submitted within 24 hours to avoid denial. If the application is approved, applicants must pay the security deposit and sign the lease within 24 hours to avoid the possibility of losing the property to another applicant. Applicants are handled on a first come, first served basis. The first applicant to pay the security deposit and complete a lease will be the one to obtain the property. Any other applicants WILL NOT be subject to a refund of the application fee. Applications are void after 30 days. If the applicant wishes to continue with their application after the 30 day period, applicant will have to reapply.
Your net monthly income must be at least 3 times the monthly rent (i.e. if the rent is $1000, you must prove at least $3000 for your net monthly income). Income cannot be combined unless applicants are married. We do not accept bank statements for proof of income.
- Tenants accepting a new job must present an employment offer letter on the company letterhead with the start date and wage/salary terms.
- Self-employed applicants will be verified through the state corporation commission and will be required to provide tax returns from the last 3 years to show income.
- Negative or adverse debt showing on a consumer credit report may require an additional deposit equal to one month’s rent, a qualified cosigner, or result in denial of the application.
- Five or more 30, 60, or 90 day late payments or unpaid collections (not related to medical expenses or student loans) will result in denial of the application.
- If your credit is below 580 or you have no credit history, you will be required to have a cosigner or pay an additional security deposit equal to a half months’ rent. If your credit is 500 or below, your application will be denied.
- Five years of eviction-free history is required or the application will be denied. A co-signor cannot be used in this case.
- Any bankruptcy that has not been discharged for a minimum of three years will be denied. A co-signor cannot be used in this case.
- No more than three non-payment of rent notices or three dishonored checks in the past one-year period or the application will be denied.
- Discovery of rental history reflecting unpaid damages or unpaid rent will result in denial of the application. A co-signor cannot be used in this case.
- A past due mortgage of 30 days or more will result in your application being denied. A co-signor cannot be used in this case.
- Four or more late payments or NSF checks for rent or mortgage within a twelve-month period will result in your application being denied. A co-signor cannot be used in this case.
- Three late payments or NSF checks for rent or mortgage within a twelve-month period will require an additional security deposit equal to one month’s rent.
- Two late payments or NSF checks for rent or mortgage within a twelve-month period will require an additional security deposit equal to half of one month’s rent.
- Any unlawful detainer action or eviction within the past three years will result in denial of an application. A co-signor cannot be used in this case.
- Any unlawful detainer action or eviction that is over three years old may be considered after the balance has been paid in full and will require one month’s additional security deposit.
- Rental history with three or more complaints will be denied.
- Applicants who own a property must show proof of contract to close or property is under professional property management with a signed lease.
- Added security deposit equal to one month’s rent is required for any instance of unauthorized persons or pets in a unit rented by the applicant.
- First-time renters, with no established credit, will require an additional security deposit equal to one month’s rent and/or a co-signer.
- First-time renters, with established credit, will require an additional security deposit equal to half of one month’s rent.
- Any outstanding balance owed for any utility or housing-related expense over $100 will lead to an automatic denial. Utility collections that have been paid will require an additional security deposit equal to half of one month’s rent.
Criminal Conviction Criteria
A denial of the application may result if the following is found:
- Any felony conviction, guilty plea, or no contest plea for any crime, included but not limited to, serious injury, kidnapping, death, arson, rape, sex crimes, or extensive property damage. Any misdemeanor conviction, guilty plea, or no contest pleas included but not limited to, assault, intimidation, property damage, weapon charges, or any sex-related offense.
- A conviction, guilty plea, or no contest plea in the last five years for any Class B or C misdemeanor which includes but is not limited to those involving criminal trespass, theft, fraud, dishonesty, or prostitution.
- Pending charges or outstanding warrants for any of the above will result in the suspension of the application process until the issues are resolved. No unit will be held waiting resolution of the pending charges.
- Credit score of 680+ will be required.
- Homeownership or long-standing positive rental history required.
- Must have an income of at least four times the rent and provide written proof of income.
- Must complete the same screening process and pay a $35 application fee.
- One co-signer is responsible for all occupants on the lease.
If we find that you have been dishonest on any part of your application, we will deny your application immediately. Please be sure to list all rental references on your application and answer all questions honestly. All application fees are non-refundable.
Equal Opportunity Housing Provider
We fully comply with the Federal Fair Housing Act. We do not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, disability, familial status, sexual orientation or national origin. We also comply with all state and local fair housing laws.
Viewing the Property
- We require an approved application prior to scheduling a showing of a property through Cory Real Estate Services. Should you prefer to view the property prior to making an application you may attempt to do so by scheduling a showing through another agent/brokerage.
- Please do not disturb current occupants.
- Applicant must move in or begin paying rent within 7 days of approval.
- Upon renting a home with us we collect a security deposit and pet fees (if applicable).
- Security deposit amounts are typically the same as one month’s rent if you are fully qualified.
- Pro-rated rent is determined by the amount of one month’s rent divided by 30.
- Your security deposit and first month’s rent must be paid by certified funds such as a money order, cashier’s check, or paid online.
- Personal checks and cash will NOT be accepted for move-in amounts.
- No uninsurable breed is allowed.
- Some properties may have more restrictive pet policies.
- No pet that has any history of violence or destroying property will be allowed.
- Pets are not permitted unless agreed upon in the lease agreement and are subject to the owner's approval.
- All pets are subject to owner approval.
- There is a $200.00 non-refundable pet fee, per pet, that is due before move-in.
- There is also pet rent of $25.00 per month for the first pet and an additional $10.00 per month for any subsequent pets for the length of the lease term.
- Townhomes - 2 pets maximum
- Single Family Homes Over 1000 SF - 3 pets maximum
Resident Benefits Package